Welcome to the Horkey HandBook Affiliate Signup/Login
Affiliates make the (online) world go round.
What’s an affiliate?
Basically, an affiliate is someone that decides to promote someone else’s (in this case mine) products or services in exchange for a commission (or payout) on every sale.
-Or- share my really cool stuff that helps people + they buy = dinero in your pocketo.
Interested in becoming a Horkey HandBook affiliate?
Badass! We <3 you bunches. 🙂 And we’ll pay you for being so awesome!
Signup here and/or keep reading for the the down and dirty deets.
*Please note, we manually approve every affiliate application, so it could take up to 48 hours for us to process yours – no need to apply twice, just hold those horses. 😉
Already an affiliate?
Cool, just login here. We super duper puffy <3 love you!
What products are currently available for promotion?
- 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success, an evergreen course to help new and aspiring freelance writers start and grow a freelance writing business from scratch – it sells for $147 (or 2 payments of $79).
- 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success, an evergreen course to help new and aspiring virtual assistants start and grow a VA business from scratch – it sells for $247 (or an initial payment of $117 and 2 additional payments of $77).
- The Virtual Assistant Finder, an evergreen service to hook up entrepreneurs that need a kickass VA with… kickass VAs! $47 cheap y’all.
What’s the payout like and when are payouts made?
- The payout is 40% on all of the above courses and products. Basically it’s like we split it with you, but we absorb all of the fees – both on the sale and when paying your commissions out.
- Payouts are made on (or around) the 10th and the 25th of each month via PayPal Mass Pay, in net 14 day terms (i.e. 14 days post sale).
- Visitors are “cookied” when they click on your affiliate link and the cookie is good for 999 days. Yep, we’re in this for the long haul!
What’s the easiest way to promote our products?
Rather then sending people directly to the course sales pages, it makes more sense to direct them to either our pillar posts or freebie optin pages.
Why? Well, it’s easier to send someone to an epic piece of content, get them to optin and later convert (as appropriate), rather than to a sales page and ask them to part with a hundred bucks or more. We’re in the “courting” business here. 😉
For example, here’s what it would look like to promote the VA course:
Rather than sending them to the 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success sales page, you should direct them to either:
- Everything You Need to Know about Becoming a Virtual Assistant (our pillar blog post on breaking into VA work) -or-
- 150+ Services You Can Offer as a VA (our freebie optin to get people into our sales funnel)
Either of the above places will show your visitors the valuable content we offer and ask them to take a small step forward if it makes sense for them. Make sense to you?
What are some good promotion strategies?
- Write a blog post about your experience with any of our products and publish it on your website (or as a guest post).
- Let’s co-host a webinar (and I’ll do ALL of the work!).
- Interview Gina Q&A style (written, audio or video).
- Let’s run a special promotion that you can email your list about (we might even hook you up with a coupon code!).
- Promote via the many social media methods.
- Host a giveaway (which we’ll sponsor with your course of choice).
Where can you find your affiliate links?
- Click and sales statistics.
- Various, personalized affiliate links – one for each of the courses and products above, pillar posts related to those topics and freebie optins, plus of course our homepage!
- Email swipe and graphics (this is a work in progress!).
Here’s what it looks like:
Have a question or want to collaborate on any of the above promotion techniques? Let’s chat!
~Gina and the Horkey HandBook Team
PS: Want to learn all there is to know about affiliate marketing? Cool. Check out my girl, Michelle’s course, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing <– affiliate link. She kind of knows her stuff – Michelle consistently earns more than $50,000 from affiliate income each month!