If we were sitting down having a cup of coffee, how would you answer that question?
Odds are that if you’re reading this blog, you have one of your own. Or you’ll start one in the very near future.
Why? Well, they’re kinda necessary in this day and age. At least if you want an online business that is.
Why I Started Blogging
My friend Laura asked me to share how I got started blogging and why I love it for a presentation she’s giving to teachers in an effort to encourage them to encourage high school students to start one.
Here’s what I had to say:
What Blogging’s Done for Me
I wouldn’t have the business I have today if I had never started a blog. And I’m optimistic enough to think that this is just the beginning for Horkey HandBook.
I’ve been able to:
- Quit my day job and completely change careers.
- Repurpose my skills into new online business service offerings.
- Cash in on the flexibility a work-from-anywhere career provides and relocate my family during the winter months to a warmer climate.
- Take what I’ve learned building a successful freelance writing and virtual assistant business and teach others how to do the same.
- And hire my mom after she unexpectedly got laid off.
If that’s not life changing, I don’t know what is!
How I Got Here
Back in December, 2014 when I initially launched 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success, my (now) friend Ruth Soukup was also launching her very first course, Elite Blog Academy. As I’ve mentioned, my business has grown quite a bit over the last 2+ years and enrolling in her course (and taking my blog seriously) is one of the reasons why.
Let me show you…
My December, 2014 Stats (12/10/14)
- Monthly Pageviews: 3,010
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 739
- Email Subscribers: 64
- Facebook Page Likes: 196
- Twitter Followers: 348
- Pinterest Followers: 55
My Current Stats (2/1/17)
- Monthly Pageviews: 50,723
- Monthly Unique Visitors: 25,253
- Email Subscribers: 14,747
- Facebook Page Likes: 1,392
- Twitter Followers: 3,425
- Pinterest Followers: 3.5k
I started following Ruth way back when online business wasn’t even on my radar. Back when I was just reading and writing those blogs for fun. 😉 What she’s done in the last ~5 years is beyond impressive (like she has an email list that equates to more than my yearly traffic!).
She’s my guru.
Someone that I’ve actually gotten to meet and hang out with. Basically, Ruth’s the real deal.
EBA 3.0 is just around the corner (hop on the waitlist here) and I’m honored to say I’m an extra in the video content. But today I’m not promoting that. Nope, today I want to give you some FREE tools that Ruth and her team created to help you to take your blog seriously and get it working for you (not the other way around).
Check them out:
- Blogging Made Simple – A 3-part video series that will teach you how to create killer content, manage your precious blogging time and make your blog profitable!
- The Blog Structure Blueprint – Finally have a clear vision and plan for your blog, so that readers know what it’s all about and where to find your epic content.
- Goal Setting Workbook for Bloggers – Because who doesn’t need a workbook to work through and set some killer goals?
- 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Overnight – This super helpful mini ebook will help you maximize the revenue you are earning from the audience you already have.
- Blogger Assessment – Not sure if you have what it takes to make it as an all-star blogger? Use this questionnaire to find out!
Your Blog Is One of Your Greatest Assets
Do you treat it that way?
Do you treat yourself like a client? If not, it’s time to start.
Because Rome wasn’t built in a day. And your blog won’t be either.
Nope, instead it’ll be built from 30 minutes here and an hour there. It’ll grow from consistent activity and action on your part. Over time.
So get started today using the FREE tools above. And see where your blog can take you!