Christmas may be over, but I have quite the gift for one of you – it’s time for another epic freelance writer giveaway!
In July I hosted my very first epic giveaway. And it was a big hit.
I had so much fun connecting with other freelancers through this giveaway, that I decided I wanted to do it again. And what better time than right before the start of a new year?
One of you lucky ducks is going to kick off the new year with an amazing package of gifts that will help you crush it in 2016!
Are you excited?
Like jump up and down giddy excited?
If not, you should be. And I’m being totally serious!
This EPIC giveaway is PERFECT for an aspiring freelance writer for the web. But don’t worry, if you’re not a freelance writer, you’re still going to love what’s included!
Table of Contents
How I Got Started
If you’ve been reading the blog long, you might know that I randomly ran across freelance writing for the web on April 15th, 2014. I was sitting at work one day, feeling unfilled and a bit unhappy in my current career.
The worst part? I didn’t feel like I was allowed to feel that way. After all, I had it pretty good.
I worked less than 15 minutes from home, never battled traffic, worked a 4-day workweek, got paid well and had amazing co-workers. Like the type that let me bring my infant along to work one day a week and whose wife watched our son for the first nine months of his life.
Regardless, my feelings of unfulfillment and that of having a larger purpose in life overtook the day-to-day benefits that I had in my former career. Fortunately for me, my search led me to the right resources.
And I learned that freelance writing or blogging for the web was a viable career option.
Instantly, I knew it was for me. I love to write, to communicate and to connect with others by sharing what I learned. So I set up my website, took a course and hustled harder than I ever have for anything (or at least that’s how it felt).
I was able to start my business for less than $200. Here are my exact expenses from May and June 2014, before I made a cent from writing:
- $95 for my url and a year’s worth of hosting services
- $49 to take a course
- $7 for a used Yahoo! Style Guide
- $20 for my first month’s job board subscription
I found my first unpaid gig via The Huffington Post, a mentor and my first paid job within two months of tax day, 2014. Of course, over the last ~20 months, I’ve invested quite a bit more in my business. But that was after I started making money.
For example, last month my gross income was $18,516, but I had more than $5,000 in expenses. I’m cool with it, as I know they were smart investments that will pay off down the road.
Win a Chance to Launch Your Own Successful Freelance Writing Business
If I were to break down how I’ve been so successful, it would be due to a few key things:
- I learned from people smarter than me (through courses, blogs, etc.).
- I had support from my husband, peers, coach and other webpreneurs.
- I hustled hard (I used to wake up at 4:30 am EVERY DAY to work on my freelance biz before my day job).
- And lastly, I had mad perseverance (I never gave up!).
And today, I want to give you the chance to win the most epic freelance writer giveaway yet!
What does it include?
Over $1,300 in prizes including:
- A Planner! Start 2016 off with a bang with your choice of a The Purposeful Planner from Corie Clark (in any print currently available): Value = $48
- A New Theme! Grab the WordPress Premium Genesis Theme of your choice and have it installed for you by my friend Carlos Aguilar to take your website to the next level: Value = $400
- A Course! Snag the Growth package of your choice: 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success or 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success from me to help you level-up or diversify your freelance business: Value = $69+
- A Paid Job Board Membership! An annual Contena Pro membership is up for grabs from Kevin Fleming to help you source more writing leads to pitch: Value = $299
- A Way to Get Prominent Bylines! Gain access to Get Mentioned on The Huffington Post Workshop from Carrie Smith to teach you how to use online press to get more writing gigs: Value = $49
- Resources to Raise Your Rates! Brennan Dunn’s Double Your Freelancing Rate Complete course will help you up your game and raise your rates: Value = $299
- Instruction on how to Build Your Platform (and more!). Kai Davis provides a trifecta of content, including The Traffic Manual, The Independent Consulting Manual and The Outreach Blueprint to help you expedite your audience growth and freelance business: Value = $147
Total Value: $1,300+
Alright, I’m excited – so how do I enter?
It’s pretty easy – go here, answer one simple (multiple choice) question and add your email address to enter. Then share socially to significantly increase your odds of winning.
Just think, less than five minutes of work on your part could equate to your most successful business year yet!
Why not you, why not now?
**This giveaway is now closed – I hope to do another one in the next few months!